Illinois’ Leading Elder Law, Estate, and
Asset Protection Counselors
To solve big problems, we know that you need more than just a pile of pretty legal documents. Our attorneys understand estate planning, elder care, asset protection, guardianship, taxation, and money saving retirement strategies.
Do you need a valuable and understandable solution
to one of the following problems?
- “Getting your ducks in a row” when you finally get serious about estate planning
- Protecting your assets from lawsuits, medical expenses, Medicaid liens, and nursing homes
- Protecting your spouse or your vulnerable adult children who will need love and protection after you are gone
- Protecting your home and lifestyle when your spouse has a diagnosis of dementia or other long term illness and needs nursing home care
- Protecting a loved one who may not be able to protect him/herself due to elder abuse
Our firm has helped countless families throughout Illinois, and we’re ready to put our experience to work for you too. Take action! Click here now to get answers to your burning questions.
Supporting Seniors and Their Families Throughout
Alzheimer's Care Secrets"The Indispensable Alzheimer's Resource Kit"
- Caregiving Secrets
- Financial Answers
- Legal Guidance
- Assistance for Any Stage of Alzheimer's and Dementia
Cut Nursing Home Costs"Don't Go Broke in a Nursing Home"
- Find the Right Nursing Home
- Get Quality Care
- Pay for it Without Going Broke
Hidden VA Benefit Revealed"Secret Dollars: Hidden VA Benefit Revealed"
- VA Benefit of Up to $2,085/Month
- Available to Vets and Spouses
- Income and Qualification Guidelines Revealed
Elder Abuse or Neglect?"Guardianship to the Rescue"
- Vulnerable Senior?
- Financial Abuse/Manipulation?
- Denial of Needs?
- Legal Guidance?
Are you caring for a loved one with chronic healthcare needs, mobility issues, or memory problems?
Do you wish it were easier to plan for the future and ensure your family doesn’t end up out of money and out of options?
You may feel there’s nowhere left to turn
… but the help you need is closer than you think.
Your family may not have to spend everything on long term care and other healthcare needs.
Many of our clients come to us because they know there are benefits out there to help pay for care, but they’re not sure how to go about applying for them.
Still others find that there are ways to help preserve some of their life savings – and even stay at home longer – when they thought they would lose everything!
For those that long for a trusted guide along the
Elder Care Journey, Law ElderLaw can help.
Each family’s situation is different, and we help our
Illinois clients reach their goals whenever possible.
Just a few of the situations we see every day:
- A family member is suffering from memory problems, dementia or Alzheimer’s
- A loved one has just entered a nursing home, or may soon need nursing care, and their family doesn’t know how they’ll be able to shoulder the overwhelming costs
- Healthy, vigorous seniors want to put a plan in place in case they’re one of the 70% of aging Americans who will spend time in a nursing home
- Folks want to ensure their special-needs child or grandchild has the best opportunities and is provided for in the future
- An aging veteran wants to stay at home longer, but needs help paying for care
- A parent wants to provide for a child who’s gone astray without risking a misuse of the assets that are there to aid them
We’re here to help you find the safest path along your journey. Over the years, hundreds of Chicagoland families have come Law ElderLaw to find assistance with the maze of applying for Medicaid and Veteran’s benefits, or to put measures in place so that loved ones can live with dignity instead of becoming destitute.
I’m Elder Law Attorney Rick Law, and I believe I was called to Elder Law to help seniors in my community.
Every family’s situation is different, but the emotional, financial and physical burdens that go along with caring for an aging and ill parent or loved one are universal.
I began working in Elder Law in 2005, after a frantic phone call from a close friend.
“Bob’s been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s,” she told me.
“What are we going to do?
Am I going to lose my home?
Are we going to lose everything?”
The truth was, at that time I didn’t know the answer. But I helped them find a qualified Elder Law attorney who showed them that they didn’t have to lose their home. Even better, they qualified for benefits to pay for care because of Bob’s service in the armed forces.
That’s when I felt – and my wife knew – that the next best step for me was to apply my law degree to the area of Elder Law. Many years later, I can now say that we’ve helped hundreds of families put plans in place to help them gain peace of mind and save them years of heartache.
At Law ElderLaw, my staff and I work to help Illinois families find honest, ethical solutions for their legal and financial issues in the area of Elder Law. We also help to connect them with resources in the community to ease their caregiving burdens.
If you or a loved one are beginning to have memory or mobility issues, it may be time to start planning. There are virtually always more options available to you when you start planning early.
But if you’re already well past the beginning – if your family already is in crisis – the time to call is now.
It may not be too late!
You may have been told by a social worker or friend that there’s nothing left to do. While they may mean well, you likely need an adviser that works in the field of Elder Law every day to help you discover your options.
We’ll let you know what the next steps may be. And if you don’t need to do anything at this time – we’ll tell you that, too.
We use only honest, legal solutions to help you reach the best possible outcome, so that you and your loved ones can have peace of mind.
It might be memory problems or Alzheimer’s, Lou Gherig’s Disease (ALS), Multiple Sclerosis, a stroke, Parkinson’s, or one of many other common health issues that can arise as we age. We’re here to offer options for care – and show you how you may qualify for help paying for that care.
There may be options available to you.
If it’s planning for an assisted living or nursing home stay, or to allow your loved one to stay at home longer, there may be resources available to make that possible.
What’s more, in many cases, there is help to pay for nursing care… if you understand the rules about when and how the application should be filled out.
Contact my office to find out what steps may be available for you to take, right now. The sooner you act, the easier it is to safely find your way on the complex, and sometimes precarious, path of the Elder Care Journey.
Put your mind at ease – it costs nothing to find out what options are available to you.
That’s right – your first consultation is absolutely free!
Find out what plans you can put in place to help make your life better, today.
You don’t need to walk this path alone.
We’ve been there before, and we can help you find the safest way.
Rick L. Law